STUDENT PARTICIPATION POLICY:
In order to participate with B.A.B.S Firearms Training, individuals must meet the following criteria in accordance with company policies and applicable laws regarding firearms in the state of Oregon:
- Participants must be 18 years or older, and in adequate physical and mental health. B.A.B.S Firearms Training will make every effort at reasonable accommodation with prior notice
- Participants must be free of intoxicants, controlled substances, or prescription medications that could cause lapses in concentration or other unsafe conditions
- Participants must be willing and able to comply fully with all safety policies and instructions
- B.A.B.S Firearms Training reserves the right to exclude or expel any potential participant at any time
Who is prohibited from participating?
Persons prohibited by all state and federal laws. Specifically, this applies to the following conditions: conviction for a felony; under indictment or information for a felony or any crime for which the judge can sentence you for more than one year, conviction of a domestic violence misdemeanor; outstanding warrants; limited by conditions of probation; on pre-trial release for a felony; committed to mental health division as a result of a mental commitment hearing; found mentally ill and have been specifically prohibited from purchasing or possessing a firearm by court order as a result of a commitment hearing after January 1, 1990; convicted or found not guilty by reason of insanity during the previous four years for Assault 4th degree, Menacing, Recklessly Endangering, Strangulation, or Intimidation 2nd Degree; have a restraining order against you for harassment, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of an intimate partner; a fugitive from justice; a user of or addicted to any controlled substance; have received a dishonorable discharge from the armed forces; have renounced your U.S. citizenship or have been deemed to be without proper citizenship documentation; have any pending or active court case involving firearms or weapons in any manner
RANGE SAFETY POLICY:
- Student, Instructor and bystander safety is the primary value of B.A.B.S Firearms Training. B.A.B.S staff will not knowingly allow safety to be compromised at any time, for any reason
- Students will participate in the Range Safety Briefing conducted prior to live fire training
- B.A.B.S reserves the right to end any student's participation in classroom or range activities at any time
- Participants will correctly wear all personal protective equipment supplied for them as required
- Students will be required to follow all range safety commands from B.A.B.S staff and/or firing range personnel immediately, accurately, and without argument
- During live-fire exercises, each student will receive a MAXIMUM of 3 safety warnings, with mandatory expulsion from the group upon the 4th "Finger," "Muzzle," or "Safety" violation
- Any "Negligent Discharge" will result in immediate, mandatory expulsion from B.A.B.S courses
- Any student expelled from a B.A.B.S course for a Negligent Discharge or other isolated safety violation will be evaluated by B.A.B.S staff for possible inclusion in one-on-one training at a future date and for a small additional fee
- The decision to permanently expel or to invite a student back for one-on-one training following expulsion is the sole domain of B.A.B.S Firearms Training Staff and is non-negotiable
CANCELLATION, DATE CHANGE, NO-SHOW & LATE ARRIVAL POLICY:
- A "no-show" at the start time of the class will be considered a cancellation, and the client will forfeit all course fees, including all credit for that specific course within pre-paid Essentials Packages, Personal Training Packages or similar packages
In order to ensure everyone's safety, clients arriving more than 15 minutes after the start time for any class or Personal Training Session will be considered officially late and will not be permitted to participate in training on that date.
- If a participant is going to be late, they must e-mail, text, or call the training staff as early as possible. Staff contact information is always provided within the class reminder e-mail preceding the class and is always available on our website and Facebook page linked through our website
- Clients who arrive officially late without contacting the training staff will be considered "no show" clients and will forfeit all course fees or fees for that specific Personal Training Session or specific session within a Personal Training Package or Essentials Package
- Clients who arrive officially late after making a good faith effort to contact the training staff by any of the methods described above will not be permitted to participate, and will be considered "Late Arrival" clients. These clients will forfeit only the pre-paid course deposit of $50 per person, or will forfeit a portion of the value of their Personal Training Package, Essentials Package or similar package equal to the non-refundable deposit of $50.00 per person.
- Registrations are subject to a non-refundable administrative fee deposit of $50 per person
Cancellation notices and registration change notices must be sent in writing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and must include your full name as used on the registration
Cancellations and registration changes 7 days or more in advance of the training session will be afforded 100% credit toward the rescheduling of another training session within 1 year, after which time, no credit will be given
Cancellations and registration changes occurring between 6 and 2 days in advance will be afforded 50% credit toward the rescheduling of another training session within 1 year, after which time, no credit will be given
- Cancellations and registration changes occurring less than 2 days (48 hours) in advance will receive no credit and will forfeit all course fees, including all credit for that specific course or training session within pre-paid Essentials Packages, Personal Training Packages or similar packages.
- Clients with 3 "No-Show" "Late Cancel" or "Late Registration Change" events in a 6 month period may be barred from registering for any other training opportunities for a period of 6 months to 1 year following their 3rd event at the discretion of management
- Refunds for training sessions that cannot be rescheduled may be issued in the form of tuition credit only, which is valid for 1 year from the date of cancellation.
Cancellations Due to Inclement Weather
If we are forced to reschedule a class, range day, personal training session, or other event due to inclement weather or extreme personal emergency, non-refundable course deposits and pre-paid course fees will be converted into a tuition credit when possible, and written proof of such credit may be provided to each affected client in the form of a gift certificate. Tuition credits will be valid for 1 year from the date of issuance, and can be applied toward other classes or personal training sessions. Clients who are issued tuition credits under such circumstances will be given first priority in scheduling and access to subsequent classes and training opportunities when possible, and we will make every effort to accommodate those clients by offering multiple make-up dates.
Cancellation & Refunds For Retreats & Private Events
In the event that a private group event or pre-paid retreat must be cancelled due to low-enrollment below the stated minimum, or failure of the event participants to comply with our student participation, range safety, or other applicable policies, a non-refundable administrative fee of 1/2 the event total cost will be retained. Payment processing fees assessed through our affiliate credit card processing providers (PayPal and/or Intuit GoPayment) will not be refunded, as those fees are automatically deducted from pre-paid registrations by the credit card processing providers, and are not retained by B.A.B.S Firearms Training, or by B.A.B.S Base Camp.
Gift Certificates, Tuition Credits & Training Package Expiration
Unless otherwise specified, Gift Certificates, Tuition Credits, and Training Packages are valid for a period of one year from the date of issue. Essentials Package and similar package discounts are not valid in conjunction with any other offers or sharpshooter coupon codes.
GENERAL SAFETY POLICY AND DISCLAIMER:
- The safety policies and procedures of B.A.B.S Firearms Training - "For Women, By Women" LLC exist for the safety of each participant, instructor and bystander. Compliance with B.A.B.S Firearms Training safety policies and procedures is mandatory and non-negotiable
- During the course of participation in B.A.B.S Firearms Training activities, students may be exposed to outside vendors, participants, or bystanders at classroom locations, firing ranges, firearms training facilities, retail stores, etc. While the B.A.B.S Firearms Training staff continually monitors the students' environment for compliance with our company's principles and procedures, B.A.B.S Firearms Training "For Women, By Women" LLC and it's members cannot always control or be held accountable for the actions, opinions, or statements of outside vendors, participants, bystanders, or organizations.
- During the course of participation in B.A.B.S Firearms Training activities, students may be photographed or video recorded. By informing B.A.B.S Staff of their preference ahead of time with the form provided, students may opt-out of participation in photographs or video recording. All photos and video obtained by B.A.B.S staff remain the property of B.A.B.S Firearms Training "For Women, By Women" LLC and may be used with discretion for marketing, and promotional purposes.
- All written, auditory, photographic and video-based content appearing on this website is the copyrighted property of B.A.B.S Firearms Training "For Women, By Women" LLC, and cannot be used without express written permission.
- B.A.B.S Firearms Training proudly supports various outside vendors and companies specializing in firearms-related equipment and accessories for active, outdoor lifestyles. B.A.B.S endorsement of any particular product does not imply an endorsement of all opinions or philosophies of any vendor, company, or organization. Similarly, B.A.B.S Firearms Training and it's members are not responsible for ever-changing content on outside vendor or organizations' web pages or social media pages linked through our website.
- Safely owning, operating and carrying a firearm is a monumental responsibility that the members and staff of B.A.B.S Firearms Training take very seriously. While our Women's Basic Firearms Safety & Awareness (101) class meets and exceeds the standard to obtain a CHL in the state of Oregon, we reserve the right to withhold instructor certification numbers required to apply for an Oregon CHL if we feel that doing so is in the best interest of public safety*.